Typo in Answers: p789 Section 10.4 #92 of College Trig

Typo in Answers: p789 Section 10.4 #92 of College Trig

MarkR
Hi Folks:

On page 789 of College Trig, the answer to #92 should have x^2 - 16 in it, not x^2 + 16.

Thanks!
Mark Rogers

A minor concern

MarkR
I don't want to clog up the forums with my concerns so I will just post this minor consideration here:

On page 845, for example, we are asked to "rewrite the quantity as algebraic expressions of x".  Shouldn't it be "in", not "of"?  When I think of an expression of x, I think it should equal x.  Of course, this is not the only place in the text where this "expressions of x" terminology is used.

I assume this choice came from the "f of x" terminology, but it doesn't seem to be appropriate here, to my ear.

Re: A minor concern

Thanks, Mark!
I'll share this with Jeff (he's the editor.)

Carl