Summer 2017 Update

Jeff and I wish to thank all of you for your support of our book project.  We felt it was time to give you an update on our most recent work “Precalculus – Episode IV: A New Approach”.  The release has been significantly delayed but we remain unreasonably optimistic that this book will not become “Stitz and Zeager’s Unfinished Symphony”.
Here’s a summary of our work in progress.
1. We incorporated Chapter 0 as an Algebra Review appendix.
2. We’ve re-written Chapters 1 through 5 to facilitate a co-requisite approach to teaching College Algebra.
3. We reordered the flow of how we analyze functions.  Rather than place all of the general terminology up front, we now introduce the concepts as they arise naturally while examining different classes of functions.  We believe this “specific to general” approach will be easier for under-prepared students to handle while not diminishing the overall rigor of the text.
4. We continue to revise and deepen the exercise sets.
5. We reorganized the presentation of the Trigonometry content.  It now appears in four, smaller chapters and some of the content was moved into a Geometry Review appendix.
If you’d like to see the first draft of Episode IV please click the link below.  Be forewarned – it’s a big file because of the new graphics.
While we’d love to give you a tentative release date, we are reticent to do so.  It seems as if each time we set a date, The Universe finds a way to add at least 6 months to it.

http://www.stitz-zeager.com/Edition4/Precalculus4.pdf.zip