Section 9.3, exercise 4 possible mistake

Section 9.3, exercise 4 possible mistake

Senne
The exercise asks us to prove 3^n >= n^3 for n >= 4.
However in the answer you use 3^n > n^3 instead of 3^n >= n^3.

since if 3^n > n^3 is true then 3^n >= n^3 is also true so the answer isn't wrong. But I wonder if this was intentional or is there some specefic reason you used > instead of >=.

Re: Section 9.3, exercise 4 possible mistake

Senne
Page 683, Typo
"We now state anf prove ..."
"anf"

Re: Section 9.3, exercise 4 possible mistake

Thanks for both notes!

I'll let Jeffrey know and we'll add them to the "master edit" list.

Carl