[Precalculus 3rd edition] Error in a answer; Exercises 3.3.3

Ian

[Precalculus 3rd edition] Error in a answer; Exercises 3.3.3

Ian
[Precalculus 3rd edition] Exercises 3.3.3, answers to task 28:

My take on it:

I substituted 2.5 into the equation with _u_ and get zero.

In case embedded images didn't load properly: https://imgur.com/a/u3AVssb

Ian

Re: [Precalculus 3rd edition] Error in a answer; Exercises 3.3.3

Ian
(Didn't want to start new thread)

Found typo in chapter 3.4, 3rd edition and the same typo in 4th edition, chapter 2.2. In the one before last paragraph of the section (right before the exercises), it says "be" twice: "That does not mean you’ll never be be able to understand them;"

I'm using 3rd edition, in case I found some typos, should I report them? or shall I check if they are in 4th edition, and in case they are, report them?

Thank you for the awesome book!

Re: [Precalculus 3rd edition] Error in a answer; Exercises 3.3.3

Thanks, Ian!

You are welcome to report anything you find!

You can send them directly to me and Jeff at: [hidden email] and jeff@stitz-zeager,com

Thanks!

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 11:05:57 AM EST, Ian [via Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics] <[hidden email]> wrote:

(Didn't want to start new thread)

Found typo in chapter 3.4, 3rd edition and the same typo in 4th edition, chapter 2.2. In the one before last paragraph of the section (right before the exercises), it says "be" twice: "That does not mean you’ll never be be able to understand them;"

I'm using 3rd edition, in case I found some typos, should I report them? or shall I check if they are in 4th edition, and in case they are, report them?

Thank you for the awesome book!

To start a new topic under Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics, click here.
NAML