Page 165, Question 43

Andy
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but the wording is a little confusing.
It says to write a piecewise function for the depth D with respect to the shallow end of the pool d.

Shouldn't the shallow end be labelled s? It seems that if you're 10 feet away from the shallow end, the depth of the pool is still 2 ft.

But if you're 22 feet away from the shallow end, then the depth of the pool would be 8 feet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thank you!

Re: Page 165, Question 43

Yes, the variables "d" and "s" in the questions are reversed.  They are correct in the diagram.

Thanks!

Carl