MyOpenMath vs. WebAssign

Diane Bauman
I love Pearson's MathXL but want to transition to an open-source product.  One of my colleagues loves MyOpenMath but I also see WebAssign referred to on this website.  Anyone have any views on which works better with the Stitz-Zeager books?

Thank yoU!

Re: MyOpenMath vs. WebAssign

William Pierpoint
I don't believe WebAssign is open source.  WeBWork and MyOpenMath are open source online homework platforms. Have not used WeBWork so don't have an opinion on it.  I liked using MyOpenMath with the Stitz-Zeager College Algebra book, but the teacher interface could be explained better.

Re: MyOpenMath vs. WebAssign

WebAssign is not open source - we allow them to code our materials for free (so we do not collect royalties from them.)  But with Cengage's recent acquisition of WebAssign, Jeff and I will doubtless me looking more at MyOpenMath as our go-to-solution.