Missing part in answer to 10.7, exercise 91

Missing part in answer to 10.7, exercise 91

Adam
The exercise description says:

In Exercises 87 - 92, solve the inequality.  Express the exact answer in interval notation, restricting your attention to−2PI≤x≤2PI

91. sin(2x) >= sin(x)

The answer is missing one interval (actually one point)

[2PI,2PI]

According to the description 2PI is part of the domain to consider and in this point sin(2x) is equal to sin(x).

So as far as I understand the full answer should be:

[-2PI,-5PI/3]U[-PI,-PI/3]U[0,PI/3]U[PI,5PI/3]U[2PI,2PI]

Of course I could be wrong, or I missed something in this exercise.

Re: Missing part in answer to 10.7, exercise 91

Thank you!

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 4:27:27 PM EDT, Adam [via Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics] <[hidden email]> wrote:

The exercise description says:

In Exercises 87 - 92, solve the inequality.  Express the exact answer in interval notation, restricting your attention to−2PI≤x≤2PI

91. sin(2x) >= sin(x)

The answer is missing one interval (actually one point)

[2PI,2PI]

According to the description 2PI is part of the domain to consider and in this point sin(2x) is equal to sin(x).

So as far as I understand the full answer should be:

[-2PI,-5PI/3]U[-PI,-PI/3]U[0,PI/3]U[PI,5PI/3]U[2PI,2PI]

Of course I could be wrong, or I missed something in this exercise.

http://stitz-zeager-open-source-mathematics.2325449.n4.nabble.com/Missing-part-in-answer-to-10-7-exercise-91-tp459.html
To start a new topic under Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Stitz Zeager Open Source Mathematics, click here.
NAML