Quantcast

Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

K.W.
Why do you hate paragraph breaks so much?

Re: Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

K.W.
Seriously though, I realize that some people do buy the printed version, and so that will take more paper, but I wonder if it's been considered that the sentence structure and paragraph format does make the books extremely daunting for anyone who has language difficulties or ESL learners on top of any mathematical "shortcomings"  they might have. I realize that this will not be changed any time soon, and perhaps it does not cover as many people as I might think, but for the time being . . . does anyone know of any additional resources with similarly challenging problems that could be used as an alternate resource, particularly in the subject of inequalities (absolute value, polynomial, rational, radical, etc.)?

Re: Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

Hello!

That's an item on our "Edition IV" renovation list (hopefully coming Spring 2017.)

Thanks for reading!

Re: Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

Felicia Allen
I agree with the formatting making the book difficult to read.  I enjoy the simplicity of the language, and the explanations, but the solutions in paragraph format just don't work for me.  I will have completed the course before the update in 2017, but on behalf of future students, please expedite this change.  I believe it will help other students tremendously.

Thanks for your consideration.

Re: Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

Starlight
I agree. Use of para breaks will make the book much more readable, and the explanations much easier to follow along.

Re: Formatting makes this book very difficult to read

We've addressed this in the 4th edition - we hope to be able to post the revised edition for the College Algebra portion by summer.