Exercise 8.1.1, no. 32

Math_Stud
I am quite confused on how to solve this problem. The solution showed just hasn't ring any bells yet. This is a post that I made that talks about my problems: http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/2202515/word-problem-with-3-variablemight-contain-a-parametric-solution

Would really like someone to help me on this one. :(

Re: Exercise 8.1.1, no. 32

Carl
Hello!

I would start by letting x be the amount of type 1, y the amount of type 2, and z be the amount of type 3 since these are the quantities they are looking for...

I would then consider three equations:  an equation which computes the amount of peppermint contributed by each to mix, the amount of rose hips contributed by each to the mix, and the amount of chamomile contributed by each to the mix.

You want a total of 2 lbs of mix of equal parts peppermint, rose hips, and chamomile - so this  lets you figure out how much of each you want in the final mix...

Hope this helps!