Chapter 0 is underrated!

Satoshi Nakamoto
Hi!

As someone who's old (25) and didn't do math for years cause I've been doing work where math is not required I forgot most things of algebra except extreme basics. I started with other Algebra books like (Gelfand) but it assumed too much intution and wasn't too rigorous for me to handle, though it had nice problems. Your Chapter 0 was incredible however, I truly hope you revisit it. It's a very good book to learn algebra from, I love it. (Fun fact: I accidentally found it when looking for Aluffi's Algebra; Chapter 0, which i thought was a highschool algebra book). I would recommend it to anyone who's struggling with their math fundmentals or haven't done it in a while. My fundamentals were very bad and I noticed it as I was slacking in last year of elementary school and then early in the highschool, then when I got to last year where I wanted to finally stop messing around I noticed I couldn't pass even if I tried because my fundamentals were terrible. So thanks!

Just in case, do you have other recommendations for Algebra books? Chapter 0 was rather short but had excellent exercises. I just want to go deeper and do bit more to inscribe it into my skull

Re: Chapter 0 is underrated!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

There are LOTS of open textbooks on algebra...

The College of the Redwoods has some nice ones:

http://msenux2.redwoods.edu/ElemAlgText/

and

http://msenux2.redwoods.edu/IntAlgText/

Good luck to you, and thanks again!