Bitmap graphics in Precalculus 3rd/4th Edition

Bitmap graphics in Precalculus 3rd/4th Edition

salutis

Hi there!

The Precalculus textbook is beautifully typeset in LaTeX. The book is a breath of fresh air compared to modern textbooks with distracting pictures. Its low-key design makes Precalculus my favorite textbook on elementary algebra and trigonometry. That said, for some reason, some of the graphics in the Hooked on Conics chapter is not vector-based:

Will this be fixed in the final 4th edition of the book?

Thank you for your amazing work!

— Rudy

Thank you!

Re: Bitmap graphics in Precalculus 3rd/4th Edition

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback and the question.

That's certainly a great suggestion so we'll look into it!

Since many of the illustrations are screenshots, I am not sure how it would be feasible, however.

Jeff and I are busy trying to keep up with all things pandemic-related at the moment, but I will pass this along to be added to the master edit lists.